The Bad Guys – a People View on Strategy Execution
If we aspire to get a better return from our strategy, we don’t only need a process, but also a clear insight into the human dynamic behaviors impacting strategy execution and how to deal with them. If we want to execute strategy successfully, we have to navigate 7 powerful people dynamics—the bad guys.
- If we want people to understand our idea, we have to overcome the Curse of Knowledge
- If we want people to make the right choices, we have to combat the villain Decision Paralysis
- If we want to keep the core of our idea visible, we have to fight Message Distortion.
- If we want others to challenge questionable decisions, we have to circumvent Mitigated Speech
- If we want the whole team to perform at peak level, we should tackle Golem
- If we want to speed up decisions, we should reduce CO2mplexity
- If we want people to keep pushing our idea forward, we have to outwit Willpower Depletion
7 bad guys offer us an insight into the strategy execution people challenge and how to overcome them.